Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Black Cauldron

          The consensus within the office today: it's actually Wednesday. At home, I got wavy and put together a playlist of personal favorites for radio. (Back on the ranch: Northeastern basketball was going garbage time on lower-division opponent Wentworth, with quadruple their score in the first half. Final: 91-62.) I met Erika and Jules, and incidentally Sarah B, in the band office; this room has served as an insanely convenient and necessarily private HQ for many of us. Jennifer, Erika and Jules came for a fun broadcast where we shared brownies and leafed through an old Northeastern yearbook. About that: I don't understand why it's called the Cauldron, nor do I care enough to go find out. We ended the show on a patriotic note with "Preamble" from School House Rock. It was another cold walk home with Alaric, who we'd expected earlier, and Jennifer.
          Quotes of the day:
"He's, what do you call it, a ringleader." - Jacob, re: someone who left a coffee ring on the table
"At least you're not a wraith. A ring-wraith." - Jacob
"One coffee ring to rule them all." - Jacob
"Someone else's poop-steam is coming up in your face!" - Tom C
"Like the other side of the pillow, a toilet seat should be cool." - Jacob
...
[via facebook]
Jalon B.: "There wouldn't be a race card if white people didn't put it in the deck. You are dismissed"
Greg B.: "Jalon, that's the dumbest explanation I've ever heard. Keep crying, bud."
Jalon B.: "1. I'm not your bud and I never cried  2. If you can't understand how generations of white hate is the sole reason cause [sic] of racial injustice today then you are ignorant. You are dismissed again"

No comments:

Post a Comment