Monday, November 30, 2015

Rabbit's Foot

          I slept a rare seven or eight hours with some equally rare interruptions in the early morning, but the most unusual thing was having five discrete dreams, all of which concerned being late to work. In one, I was making good time but realized too late that I'd forgotten to pack dress clothes; in another, I was riding a mountain bike to work and got sidetracked in rough, technical terrain with falling boulders and crevasses. If only my commute was this harrowing!
          Kati was still out sick, and with no client demands, I was free to chip away at my daily pricing report; there was an atypically heavy amount of coverage today. A huge audit loomed, but was canceled before I had to dive in, and I spent the last hour of work in relative comfort. At home, I ate leftovers and watched the Rangers defeat the Hurricanes, 4-3. (We are now 18-1-0 in our last 19 meetings with them. Hory shet. Also, Cam Ward gave this game away, allowing a horrible low-percentage sharp-angle goal from Kreider and then gift-wrapping the GWG.) Hopefully New York can get back in the groove here. Jules showed up in the third period, and we smoked and chatted for a while. Later on, I enjoyed a significant chunk of alone time -- actually the first since before Thanksgiving -- pinned the no-trespassing sign to my ceiling, and uploaded a bunch of pictures.

@ Cam Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment