I woke up at 12:18 to see that call time for volleyball was 12:20. I waited for Alaric to get ready to leave, commiserated, and walked to campus. (This is a good place to note that Jules has simply gone above and beyond to help me with band this year. The real MVP.) In the end, I shouldn't have gotten out of bed, because it's clear that the volleyball team didn't either. The first set, which I was lucky to miss, was a 25-7 domination by Towson. We narrowly eked out a win in the second set (25-22) and then dropped a five-point lead in the home stretch of the third to lose that one too. The fourth and last set was a no-contest, 25-16 loss. Again, the absence of an ace libero is painfully felt.
At least there was a lot of free athletics swag in the lobby at Cabot. I picked up a new rally towel and a fine glass candy jar with "Boston Strong" and the blue and yellow ribbon on it. Later on, I chilled out with Alaric and Jules and decorated. I also went to St. Stephens to pick up with Alaric, and my guy had just come back with a pound of marijuana, casually laid out in ounce bags on a board. It was all I could do not to gape at it. I stayed up late and crashed in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment