Jennifer drew our living room in the afternoon, and I watched the Sabres win 3-2 over the Canucks with just 17 seconds left. They're getting better real quick (not that beating the mirage-tastic Canucks is anything to write home about.) I ran to Figueroa's and picked up ice cream for both of us; I was wearing my Bernie shirt, and on the way back some students called out, "Bernie! Bernie!" The excitement is palpable. Jennifer's happiness crumbled while the sky darkened, and we watched clips from Anchorman and The Office for a dose of silly, bubbly positivity. That seemed to help for the nonce, and we shared dinner at Mission Sushi. The atmosphere in there is cool, busy but still a bit muted. I went with pan-seared dumplings, the Crazy roll (a staple for me), and the Christmas roll, which actually has nothing to do with Christmas. We split up after dinner, and I went home to drink with Alaric, Maddie, Kofi, Jason, Andrew, and some others. They needed the drink a lot more than I did, having been at Matthews for a 4-1 loss at men's hockey to Boston University. The rest of the night is a blur of Del's shandy, Oculto, tequila and gin.
Hockey: The Rangers beat the Coyotes (again) in a 4-1 drubbing, with Arizona's lone goal coming with four seconds left in the game. Raanta seemed to take the loss of the shutout in good humor, laughing it off. A win is a win, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment