In musicals class today, Professor Feinstein deliberately played "There's No Business Like Show Business," knowing that I hate it. At least the version he put on lacked Ethel Merman. We then viewed some more MUSIC MAN <3 including a scene we already watched, namely the one where Marian sings in a grating vibrato. I also get to hang out at noon with Jenna, our TA, to score a scene from Music Man, so that means all my in-between-class reading is going down tonight.
We had our annual, inexplicably titled CEP Town Hall Meeting this evening. It should have taken about half an hour and instead sucked up an hour, during which we were granted such gems of wisdom as "twenty five...times four...that's a hundred." At one point, the speaker said the word "come," Laura and Chris laughed and looked at me as if I was going to call it. If I laughed every time I heard the word "come," I'd be in an institution, not a university.
Someone threw themself under the commuter rail train in Ruggles this evening. Word is that they died. I know little more having only seen the ambulance there on the way over to the CEP meeting. Meredith, Laura and I debated whether suicides naturally lead to more suicides. Interestingly, there were two people in my room at one point who both had the middle name "Virginia" -- Heather and Meredith.
On Heather's suggestion, she, Alaric, Sean and I watched Russell Crowe's Robin Hood, featuring my boy Mark Strong as Godfrey. Talk about an incredibly exciting movie, the battle at the end doesn't even resemble a battle so much as a affirmation that the good have natural plot armor. Also, the French all being barbarians and having drop-door landing craft were amazing historical details that must have slipped by me in history class. The note on my door afterward seemed only natural. "For Horse and Country. FUCK KING JOHN."
Quotes of the day:
"That little girl is such a bad actress. It's really remarkable." - Professor Feinstein
"You've gotta do it like a pro. You've gotta get two hands in there." - Laura
"He loves the people who go to Hell. They just need to learn their lesson. For eternity." - Ben
And regarding Sarah's brutal hacking of Sabrina's facebook...
Me: "We're winning the psychological battle."
Alaric: "There's a berserker in their ranks."
Me: "The entire team is BABIEZ"
No comments:
Post a Comment