Thursday, April 26, 2012

Last Efforts

          I got up early and headed off to my comparative politics final, terms from the study guide whirring around in my brain. To calm myself, I pumped "In the House - In a Heartbeat" from the 28 Days Later soundtrack through my ears again and again, until all I could hear was the song's gradual crescendo. After I had done this, I went into the room and took the test. It went well, taking me only about twenty-five minutes to do eighty multiple choice questions, five fill-in-the-blanks, and two short answers. I wasn't concerned about today's test so much as tomorrow's, but it's comforting to be through half of my finals.
          Iris didn't anticipate my early return and I found her stringing up her colorful paper chains about my room. Lovely additions to be sure, though it's too bad that I only have one more day with them. I said my goodbyes to Joseph after I returned, and not much later, he took off for the summer. In the evening, joined by Sabrina and Iris, I bid farewell to Alanna. It's tough saying goodbye to my close friends. Even though it's only four months, even though we'll keep in touch, it always seems like I should say more than I have. In any case, it's sad that the year is drawing to a close.
          Quote of the day:
"I don't know where it would go, and it's not long enough to do anything." - Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment