I missed out on our planned expedition to get dim sum in order to actually finish my education paper. I then hoofed it to Curry for the final rehearsals and then staged readings of our musicals ("Mean Girls," "Zombies Always Sell" and "Hello, My Name Is Facebook.") The actors were magnanimous in their reception of our dreck-mixed-with-flashes-of-brilliance work, and performed quite well. The banana hammock joke even went over well. Around 11:30 I screened One Night Stand in celebration of our success and was joined by Elliott, Alaric, Anthony, Iris and Jenn, a friend of Iris' who goes to Hampshire, where the grades are imaginary and the work doesn't matter. Tangentially related, Jenn and I are two peas in a pod and make a formidable Iris-irritation tag team.
Quotes of the day:
"Mission Impossible 4. I still want to jump you, but you're, like, old." - Katie, on Tom Cruise
"Boston sucks the color out of you in a slow, painful way." - Katie
"I had a dream that I had a baby and it turned into a kitten and then it turned into a fly and flew away." - Heather
"You know what I know? Pimpin' All Over the World!" - Jaimie
...
Me: "I thought you were European."
Katie: "I didn't think I wore my pants that tight."
...
Me: "I played the Devil in my high school play."
Katie: "You play the Devil in real life."
No comments:
Post a Comment