Wednesday, April 24, 2013

London Fog

          I dreamed that Brian, Peter G, and his fictitious brother shared an awesome night hanging out in the garage, smoking and trying to decide what to order at McDonalds and what movie we should put on. I woke up and practically smacked myself in the face, the return to real life was so jarring. Before me lay my Italian final exam and the last five pages of my Political Ecology paper. It was a bit of a crunch, but I finished the essay handily. Delivering it in Holmes, I ran into Professor Faber, who said that everyone was turning it in today. So much for that deadline a week ago. I then spent a total of 45 minutes studying for my Italian final; in the immortal words of some internet jackass, "Bite the pillow, I'm going in dry." Of course, the final went perfectly well, and Professor Binetti gave it a once-over before concluding, "A-." With that, my fourth semester is completely finished. I feel glorious.
          Iris, the sale maniac, was roped in by a promotional $10 gift card at Victoria's Secret and I was obligated to come along. Of course, nothing in that store is under $10 outside of an iPhone case or a single tube of lotion, so it's more like, "For what purchase would you like to mitigate some of the expense?" She ended up settling on an array of lotions and body butters after we tested all of the scents on my arms. I now smell like a perfume shop. The Delivery Man, Hailey (his girlfriend, not to be confused with Haley, Alaric's girlfriend), Sabrina, Iris, Laura, and my new friend Colleen came over for some Cards Against Humanity and then a viewing of Ip Man. Alaric and I decided that as an apartment rule, beers must be referred to as "brewskis" next year. I passed out on 616's couch at the end of the night (apologies to Sabs and Laura).
          Quotes of the day:
"I was born into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave it with nothing. See...I'm doing you a favor...by living. 'Cause without me, there'd be no life, love, or happiness." - man with afro on the Orange Line (courtesy of Anthony)
"If there was a box on a stick with blankets under it, and it fell down and inside it was blankets, I wouldn't try to get out. I would just lay there." - The Delivery Man

No comments:

Post a Comment