"CNN
reporters repeatedly claim that no assumptions can be made about the
marathon bombers, then say that 'they're sociopaths and they're
completely evil.' It's unconscionable what they did, but it's my
position that this black and white, good vs. evil mentality is part of
the reason that we still haven't been able to properly combat terrorism."
All that I'll add to this: I was asleep when this all went down. It was strange when Iris shook me awake, I went out into the hall and Laura gave me a big hug, I asked what was going on, and someone said, "He doesn't know." Also, the amount of people who called or texted to ask if I was okay was touching, if a bit overwhelming. (One of my friends asked if I was in the marathon, as if I could ever qualify for Boston.)
The rest of the evening was spent in an idle fashion, and I finished The Pillars of the Earth with Iris. For prospective watchers, the series improves throughout. Late in the night, I went out on a run and signed back in, decided I wanted another go around the Fens and did so, returned to the suite and went to take out the trash (there were rotting things inside), and then forgot my card. Result: I hung out by the door from 6 a.m. until 9, when I heard movement and got Harrison to let me in. Overall, a crappy day on the largest and smallest of scales, if not all of those in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment