Friday, April 12, 2013

Theoretical Muggers

          Alanna and I shared lunch at an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet called Yamato, out on the distant reaches of the Green Line. The sushi was quite good (as all sushi seems to be), and we were seated next to a couple of indeterminate connection. It was either their first date or they've been together a long time, though I have a feeling it was the first option. The gentleman was particularly interesting, talking about how he carries a knife everywhere and how "anything could happen" in Boston. This led to a story where "there were some guys on bikes" and nothing actually happened in the end. That showed those theoretical muggers!
          On the T back through Boston University's campus, I asserted dominance by revealing the "Beat BU" shirt under my jacket. Evidently the other males were intimidated by my display, as I received no challenges to fight. In the evening, we watched the unsettling Jacob's Ladder, the only other movie I've seen with Tim Robbins as the lead. It was met with mixed emotions, though I enjoyed theorizing about whether "the Ladder" was real, or if the whole thing was just a rationalization by Robbins' character. We had several unexpected guests and the night turned into a very low-key party, a pleasant surprise and quite called for.
          Quotes of the day:
"The way you talk, the way you fart is so cute." - Brodudus brodudus
...
Prof. Mrdalj: "This is my fault, because people expect me to start late."
Meg: "That's true."
Prof. Mrdalj: "What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment