Harrison and I watched the news this morning, musing on the bombing and its implications. With classes canceled, I was granted some more time to finish my Cities and Suburbs paper, which I turned in precisely at noon. This was followed by a long, well-deserved nap, and then a viewing of the chronically watchable The Chronicles of Riddick with Iris and Sean. Maybe it's irritability caused by poor sleep habits, or maybe I'm just missing the point, but the whole #BostonStrong thing gets on my nerves. It's Twitter in real life, and something about it just chafes with the reality of the situation. People posting things on Facebook saying, "You messed with the wrong city"? It's as if to say that any city wouldn't come together after being targeted by terrorists. What are those random people on the internet going to do? Dress up as the Bruins mascot, go out and hunt them down? No. The best thing we can do is mourn for the dead, apprehend those responsible, and get back to living.
Quotes of the day:
"Justice is always open for business." - me
"Four shots of pizza, she's not even that drunk." - Sean
No comments:
Post a Comment