Sunday, June 9, 2013

Roll For Blades

          Brian and I woke up and ran to get ready for our outing to Alterniverse, resolving to take down the tents and stuff later on. Climbing out of the shower, I found a tick lodged in my chest, and attempts to extricate it ended with its head still in there. At Logan's, I literally went under the knife. Logan and Steve tried to cut and pry the damn thing out, first with a pocket knife, then an X-Acto tool, but a tiny piece still remains. With luck it'll pop itself out; Lyme disease is not an experience I wish to repeat. It hasn't been long since our last visit to the comic book shop, but today's event was a Man of Steel clix release, and I'm looking to expand my DC collection. From the booster I received, I constructed a General Zod/Clark Kent/Kryptonian Soldier team that looked solid at first glance. Things seemed less rosy after I lost a long, arduous match to a girl named Krystal (spelling unknown), though my next game was a win over Steve. My last match put me up against Cliff, and as anyone could predict, he shit on me in a hopelessly total way. After this disgrace of a draft, we returned to Logan's to trade some pieces, which landed me a Sinestro in addition to the Zod I acquired at the shop.
          We persuaded Logan to join us for a venture to Slices, which ended in tears as we discovered that the peach Joe Tea was out of stock. (The half and half is pretty good.) With pizza and many garlic knots in hand, we met up with Josh and Summer. Our party soon shrank, and by the time we got to Josh's place, it was just him, me, and Brian. We played rummy and watched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, which is one of the worst films I've ever seen but also good entertainment when you don't want to take life seriously. Next up were a few episodes of Law and Order: SVU, which I've decided I'm going to watch the entirety of if it kills me. We smoked a copious amount of shisha from the hookah, which I enjoy for the clouds of thick white smoke it produces.
          Quotes of the day:
"It smells like fucking death by garlic in here." - Brian
"We should watch The Help. I think you'd like it, Andy. Lots of nigger-words being thrown around, black bitches being abused." - Josh
"What 'niggaz' are you referring to?" - me

No comments:

Post a Comment