The first notable thing to happen today: I took the call from the law office, and instead of interviewing me further, they offered me the position! I gleefully accepted, and after we finished discussing some particulars, I ran around the house literally jumping for joy. Some challenges may lay ahead, but I can finally say that I made it through the co-op process relatively unscathed. Naturally, I ended up packing everything for Bonnaroo at the last minute. My charger arrived via overnight shipping (Dell scored a point there), so I was able to switch up some of the music on my iPod before we took off. Brian and I decided to catch the 7:30 bus out of Kingston rather than the 10:30, and rushed like madmen to make it on time. My father met us at the station and threw some extra food at me, we hopped on the bus, and it left about a minute later. On the way to Port Authority, we pondered the fact that we might not get our $300 deposits back; we were supposed to come down to Tennessee two days earlier for training, but somehow we both missed the memo. The guy across the aisle did nothing for my peace of mind, talking on his phone, blasting music and chewing an apple in the loudest and messiest way possible. At Port Authority, we had our tickets reissued by Greyhound, changing our schedule, and got ready for the haul to Pittsburgh. If left Kingston at 10:30 as originally stated on our itinerary, we probably would've been forced to wait until morning for another bus. (I will break "entry written each day" character to say that this was a shadow of things to come. Greyhound will never have my business again, as long as I have a choice.) We were harassed by a huge guy that may or may not have scammed us out of $20 while helping us check our bags, waited around forever, and finally boarded for Pittsburgh. Our journey to the South had begun.
Quote of the day:
"More Kevin, less fun, more wife beaters, no girls allowed." - me, planning for next year
No comments:
Post a Comment