Saturday, June 22, 2013

Thing Is

          Another day, another dish shift. Tonight was busier than last night, but went more smoothly for some reason. I learned that Jesse's journey home from Bonnaroo was even worse than mine. In Virginia, his tire exploded while traveling at a considerable speed on the highway, and he spun off the road. He also had a trunk full of fireworks, which made the prospect of law enforcement getting involved quite terrifying. Luckily, no one was hurt and everything turned out fine, minus the totaled car. Highlight of the evening: a charming pair of girls at the bar, one Indian and one Asian, wearing matching "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" shirts. After work, I went to Logan's with Matt and ended up reading tons of comics as usual. I finished a cheesy, very '80s story called Brotherhood of the Bat, the decent JLA: Tower of Babel (which the animated film JLA: Doom is loosely based on), and the excellent Court of Owls, my standard gritty Batman detective-story fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment