I had my first lucid dream last night. I was in the nature lodge at camp, someone said something about my hands being cut off, they were still there, and I deduced that I was dreaming. Still, knowing you're not in real life doesn't mean you have full presence of mind. All I could think to do was fly, so I took off and flashed over the forests and mountains, looking down at the people below. It was one of the happiest feelings in the world. After I woke, it was time for my first day back at work. The music on the speakers this evening was fascinating, to say the least. It was a variety of what you might call slave music, interspersed with a bit of gospel and some extensive techno remix tracks. Alaric, Brian and Katie all texted me about James Gandolfini's passing, as well. Apparently Ray knew of him from his bartending days in the city and mentioned that Gandolfini was something of a womanizing pig in real life. I probably would be too if I were Tony Soprano. After work, Brian and I went to Josh's to watch Cloud Atlas, an absorbing concept film with a huge amount of star power. I should also mention that, at various points: Halle Berry plays a white woman, Hugh Grant plays a cannibal war chief, Hugo Weaving plays a woman, Doona Bae plays a ginger, and Jim Sturgess plays an Asian. Worth a couple of viewings, though it can be a little silly at times (see: the "future language" that Tom Hanks babbles in during the far future timeline).
Quote of the day:
"Obviously it's gonna be hard to make an Asian look like a fuckin' ginger, but damn, he did good!" - Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment