Saturday, March 22, 2014
Blow the Candles Out
Logan was supposed to come up to visit today, but called late in the morning to let me know that he had to bail. Brian, Josh and Summer are all in Massachusetts today, but I couldn't convince them to skip the Yankee Candle village and come to Boston instead. The result was a listless, blue balled, unproductive day. In the evening, Chelsea and Ariel came by to pregame for a party at Jake's. On the way up the Hill, we stopped at a sketchy bodega so I could pick up cheap cigars -- in this instance, "Dutch Masters". Jake's party was standard: loud, drunk, chaotic, and gritty. We played the obligatory few rounds of slap cup, and I won $3 from Jared in a bet over my ability to get a game of Drug Dealer going. The first round was calamitous; the second succeeded, but Jared drew a face card and was sporting enough to play along. Alaric and I also brainstormed a list of grimdark sports team names, reasoning that they're more fun that way. Examples: the Boston Stranglers (or the Boston Tea Party), the Oklahoma City Bombers, the San Jose Shakers, the Atlantic City Goons, and the New York Jets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment