Corey and I decided to smoke before we headed to dinner. My mother then displayed uncanny spidey senses, calling me just as the gear was in my hand. The entire conversation from my end: "Yes, ma. Yes, ma. Yes, ma. Yes, ma. Yes, ma. Yes, ma." Due to this interruption and some other shenanigans, the two of us were late in getting to the lobby and found everyone waiting for us. We were forced to drop and give JL 10 pushups for our tardiness, and I did my utmost to stand as far from him as possible. Our enormous group convened at a sports bar/restaurant called RFD (Regional Food and Drink) and waited around outside for some time. Via phone updates, we learned that the men's hockey team lost the first of three games versus UNH, 1-0.
When we finally got inside, we found that RFD was a popular place to eat. This was a positive sign, though the abundance of Ovechkin and other Capitals gear was mildly repulsive. I enjoyed an exquisite regional root beer called Dominion with a hearty buffalo burger, and our table alternated between watching basketball and playing extremely tense rounds of Drug Dealer. (It's tough playing a game based on sneaky eye contact when the players are in rows.) On the way out the door, I created an awkward moment by bellowing "CAPS SUCK", only to be recalled by the hostess since I wasn't allowed to leave the restaurant with the root beer bottle.
Post-dinner, I ended up drinking with a strange combination of people: Kevin,
Quotes of the day:
"Go NU! I bleed red!" - me
"Are all of the cabs here Priuses? Priii?" - Julia E
"I think the Calgary Flames should be from Washington. 'Washington Flames.' The British would root for them." - me
"How can a buffalo be spicy?!" - Eminem
"They're the whitest school on the planet, and their entire basketball team is black." - Malcolm
"And the 'Holding Your Liquor' award goes to Andy. Good job brah." - Adam P
...
[The room phone rings.]
Me: [huskiest possible voice] "Room 717."
JL: [deadpan] "Hello, room 717."
...
Me: "Mr. [redacted], what the hell?"
Malcolm: "Hooters is on the other side of the street!"
JL: "After! After!"
...
About BC losing 7-2 to Notre Dame...
Me: "But BC is losing."
JL: "Humiliatingly so. That's a victory for the whole world."
19.
Emily Dickinson
Pain has an element of blank;
It cannot recollect
When it began, or if there was
A time when it was not.
It cannot recollect
When it began, or if there was
A time when it was not.
It has no future but itself,
Its infinite realms contain
Its past, enlightened to perceive
New periods of pain.
Its infinite realms contain
Its past, enlightened to perceive
New periods of pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment