Saturday, March 15, 2014

Red Dragon

          I stayed up all night before packing up, eating a ton, and drinking lots of coffee before our trip home from D.C. As I was putting away the last of my stuff, I looked out the window to discover that we're across the street from the goddamn Blackboard HQ. There is no escape from this stuff. Corey and I had a meeting of the joint chiefs of staff before leaving, and a maid entered our room while we waited for the elevator. Downstairs, I hustled on to the bus and waited nervously for JL to come outside. We left without incident, and I managed to get Batman Begins playing on the TV before falling asleep. I was not prepared to sit through another iteration of Bring It On, or worse, a three peat of Pitch Perfect (enjoyable as it is.) I woke to a mildly bad comedy/action movie called We're the Millers, featuring an amazing mustache, as well as the news that the men's hockey team beat UNH 5-4 in overtime. Tomorrow will settle the best-of-3 tournament. Once we were home, I got back into the familiar routine of smoking and boozing with Emily, Peter, and John, along with Malcolm, Alaric, and Iris. Malcolm built a house of cards, Emily did her "smoke like a dragon" routine, and we talked until no one was able to move.
          Quotes of the day:
"I've said this again, and I'll say it again." - Peter
"I don't care, just put vodka in it." - Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment