The council met for a low-key gathering to discuss the upcoming Bandquet, band awards, and other such matters. When we got out, Nathan, Alaric, Iris and I rolled over to Subway and Red Mango; we were surrounded by an entire high school robotics team or two, but eventually got our comfort food. In the evening, Julia, Regina, Alaric and I smoked, then decided that the pumpkin finally had to go. I've had this pumpkin in my room since November or so, and aside from some gross wrinkles and slight softening, it has been preserved remarkably well. Along with Nathan, we braved a heavy rain to get to the Columbus parking garage. We climbed to the top floor, lashed by the wind and rain, and moved to the edge of the roof. I gave it the fateful push, and the pumpkin fell five stories down. It bounced on the pavement. "No damage," I said incredulously. We rushed down to the parking lot and stood around the completely intact pumpkin. I punted it some distance, and it stayed impervious. Things were getting creepy at this point -- the pumpkin that just wouldn't die! We decided to abandon it there, and theorized about what sinister being could be inhabiting the pumpkin on the walk back. Perhaps we'll vanish one by one, or it will start growing human limbs, or it will just reappear in my room. Our last activity for the night was a sleepy screening of Djano Unchained, excellent as always.
Quotes of the day:
"I need like three beers before we do this. Don't put that in the minutes!" - Jenn
"Go to bed without supper." - Alaric
"What are we gonna do, hire a contractor?" - me
No comments:
Post a Comment