The all-nighter failed, though I did manage to wake up before U.S. Congress and get some work done. We received our grades on the USC midterm, and I got a startlingly high 92. Prof. Beauchamp, numbers man that he is, charted a regression of what order the questions were done in and the spread of points earned per question. He also commented on how there was a "last question slump" and implored us to put a little more effort into the final answer the next time around. I think this was mildly shortsighted, in that most people probably whiffed on the last one because it was the topic least familiar to them. Also, fun political fact: Republicans filibustered 40% more bills than Democrats between 1992 and 2012, at 591 filibusters to the Democrats' 352.
Alaric and I spent some time in the band office, waiting for people to return polos and listening to radio hockey. We were treated to three nail-biting games: a crucial Rangers win over the Coyotes, 4-3 in overtime; a 3-2 Flyers loss to the stone-cold Kings; and a 2-1 Habs shootout victory over the Bruins, snapping Boston's formidable 12-game win streak and fulfilling my prophecy. They even used their backup goalie! When we got home, a planned work party with Sabrina and Molly ended up including Peter, Sean, Alaric, Katie and Iris as well, and turned out a little more chaotic than anticipated.
Quote of the day:
"Anyway, that's my Nate Silver spiel. We're all slightly jealous of him..." - Prof. Beauchamp
No comments:
Post a Comment