It's Friday, and Jennifer just got back yesterday! I was in a cheerful mood heading into work, but became stressed over the course of the day; I had a deliverable due at 3, and my contact within the company wasn't returning my email. (With a pinch of luck, it worked out.) Post-work, though, things went down the shitter again. Stuck at work late, and with some miscommunication, my plan to spend time with Stephanie quickly frayed. When I got to Allston, she, Jennifer and Julia were all treating me like dirt, which I probably deserved. Basically it was a total clusterfuck. Julia, Steph and I eventually decided to walk to a Thai place a few blocks up the street. Dinner was tasty and we had fun, though it can feel like third wheeling when it's the two of them and me.
When we got back to their apartment, I sat outside with Jennifer, who was in a dark place and wouldn't come out of it. Following some tears from both of us, we went back to Fenway, sharing earbuds and nearly drowsing off on the Green Line. After a massage, food and watching the documentary Jennifer's team made in London (it's about street artists) it seemed better.
No comments:
Post a Comment