First, HBD to my idiot brother. I've been restless at night lately, which is unusual since I don't typically wake until disturbed. In the million-degree heat, I was sent on a field trip to the Staples near Harvard Square and got completely turned around, walking up and down the same street a few times in an attempt to head in the right direction. Part of this seemed to be due to Harvard Square being a Google Maps Bermuda Triangle, and part was just how randomly the streets are laid out over there. More than once during this lengthy walk, I cooled off in a Bank of America kiosk. Cambridge is magical in many little ways.
We had another thunderstorm today! I was lucky and got back inside before the downpour broke the stifling heat. After work, I finished The Wire. This show is fully worth the watch, though it develops at a pace that could charitably be called "deliberate." The characters are nuanced and very human, and the episodic nature of each season provides some needed variation. The finale left me with a serious case of mixed feelings, exactly as I believe the producers intended. It feels like life. While I digested the ending, Nathan and I did some clix team building for future matches.
Quotes of the day:
"Are you asking for points right now?" - Emily Ca., re: Mackenzie & Lauren on YouEarnedIt!
"Whitestrips for days." - Lauren P
No comments:
Post a Comment