Sunday, August 30, 2015

Home of the Good Burger

          Jules, Alaric, Nathan, and Jennifer helped dismantle the decorations in my room in record time. We smoked, made a Tasty Burger run and had a calm day (as opposed to last year's midnight rush.) On the trip to TB, I obtained "Brian's Fatty Patty," a deliciously disgusting burger-in-a-grilled-cheese, but my karma is bad and I dropped one of the two milkshakes I was carrying. Jennifer convinced me to watch Freaks and Geeks, and though it's not my usual fare, I found it pretty endearing. There's a sweet nostalgic quality to it, like a hazy reflection of high school -- including most every relevant trope.
          A bit later, around 6 p.m., Nathan and I went to Sara N's place on St. Stephen. She's moving back into a dorm and I took up her offer of a newish full bed/boxspring over the dreadfully broken twin I have now. Following a tight crawl through a few narrow hallways, we got the mattress and boxspring outside and just barely fit the former inside Nathan's car. The boxspring we threw on top, secured with a few bungee cords; we opted to leave it all in the parking garage with the car rather than drag it upstairs to our soon to be former apartment. I smoked profusely for the rest of the evening, completing the ritual of decoration removal.
          Quote of the day:
"I'll bother you... on the Internet!" - Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment