Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Underhill

The entry for August 11, 2015 was updated (Beehive.)

          Man, I love coffee. I need to avoid this drug. I had a meeting with Mackenzie and Kati (pronounced CAH-tee, for reference) and we discussed the rollover of co-op managing duties. Downstairs, in the lobby of our well-appointed building, MassBio was holding some event with a large quantity of free pizza; I exploited them without shame. Even with caffeine coursing through my veins, I was getting sleepy toward the end of the day, but I managed to knock out another audit. I went home and napped restlessly.
          I woke up thirty minutes before my show, churned out the rest of my playlist and ran to make it to Curry on time. I enjoyed two gin & juices and put on a fine show -- and the stream is finally working again! Topics of discussion during the talk section: shouts to loyal listeners Alanna, David and Iris; Hillary Clinton v. Bernie Sanders; Japanese poetry; hard work at the new job; and the odor in the studio that seemed to coincide with the beginning of construction in Curry. I mentioned it last week, I think, but it's an earthy, dank and wet, a cross between a bar and a storm cellar, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment