The CT2 came early! Pigs are flying! Work highlight: Grace, the head of HR, said I'm doing good work. Lowlight: An ill-advised stop at the Kendall Deli, which is across the hall from the Rebecca's by Kendall; a twenty minute wait, followed by the shittiest "Thai" wrap I've had in my life, was not what I had in mind for lunch. This is what I get for trying new things. In the evening, we were set to host Kofi's birthday party at NASA, so I swung by Huntington Liquors to pick up blue Rubinoff and a few craft beers for his presents. (Selections: a Game of Thrones-branded beer; Delirium Tremens; Pumking.) It was a fun time, and Kofi seemed to enjoy himself, so mission accomplished. Julia and I walked to Allston together, much later. Somewhere near Warren Towers, we detoured and found ourselves in a second-floor rooftop parking lot, and from there we climbed on top of a store awning over the sidewalk. We sat there, talked and watched the occasional traveler come by, and it was good. Something felt mystical about tonight.
Quotes of the day:
"Is there a checkbox for 'out of mind' instead of 'out of office'?" - Cass
"I want to have sex on a bed of chain mail." - Julia

No comments:
Post a Comment