It was raining hard when I woke up, and this time I was smart enough to grab my yellow Stadium Series raincoat on the way out the door. (Thanks again, Sabs.) I learned today that Mackenzie, my supervisor, is moving on to another job at Ninja Kitchen, and Kati will be taking over her duties (and her cave-like workspace.) A media audit fell into my lap and took from 9 am to 3 pm, which is nothing if not mentally exhausting. After work I had dinner with Jennifer at Beehive, what I read to be a happening joint in the South End with quality American food. We were seated close to a funky live band, who jammed appreciably throughout our stay. The ambience was perfect with quiet chatter all around (and above; the place is laid out in an interesting fashion) and, of course, the food was scrumptious too. Jennifer's going home to NC for a couple of weeks, so it was good to see each other before she flies out. I got home late and finished season three of Boardwalk Empire with Nathan, then started mapping out a timetable for the move.
Quotes of the day:
"Holy Due Diligence, Batman!" - someone on facebook, re: Google becoming Alphabet, re: extant companies with that name
"It's gonna be like the elevator scene in The Matrix." - Nathan, re: Richard Harrow
No comments:
Post a Comment