Another quiet day at work reorganizing the long-neglected periodicals. I went home to pack, smoke, and take a cigar walk with Alaric. We came across some interesting moving-day trash finds, and when he elected to head home, it was with a giant reflective "Duck Crossing" street sign. Through the witching hour, I hunted in neighborhoods from Columbus to Mass Ave to Symphony Road, and returned around 5 a.m. with a satisfactory haul.
First among the best loot was a soft rolling desk chair, which was a noisy and clumsy pain to push home, but it did help me move more stuff. Other treasures: "Believe in Boston" Celtics(?) flag; massive Bob Marley-with-Star-of-David (??) tapestry; Budweiser beer coaster; roll of green electrical tape; "Save Don" flyer printed by a huttburt Sox fan; two sealed bottles of Barefoot pink moscato bubbly, which I think I will share with Molly; two Arcade Fire concert masks; two Red Sox poster/signs; a book of sports psychology; a sweet-looking Inception print; a "Vote Tito" city council campaign sign; a Star Wars Episode I Racer N64 cartridge; a bong, which I am naming "Obamacare" (get it? "affordable care," plus you can defund... oh never mind.); and, of course, a Santa suit. I stayed up to complete my packing and brace for the move.
No comments:
Post a Comment