Thursday, August 13, 2015

Luckiest Number

          Today marked my first failure to turn down the volume on my phone before receiving a text at work -- gotcha bitch. Today's DOC was fantastic; we have a few new hires, so attendance was up and the conversation was light and easy. I discovered that Lauren P is also a Bernie supporter, so that's sweet. At home, I smoked and discussed politics with Nathan and Kofi, and much later -- after two gin & cranberries -- I e-filed paperwork for our ballot initiative. I didn't realize this until I wrote it down, but I guess I've been drinking more?
          Quotes of the day:
"I'm just coming for my fermented grapes and going." - Lauren P
"I'm a recruiter. I know how to find anyone." - Bob
"Oh please, he opens his mouth and a purse falls out." - Bob
"I neutered my cat." - Daria
"Gin is like drinking a pine tree!" - Jacob
"Hey, whatever keeps you billable." - Bryan, re: drinking and working
"It's like Survivor." - Jacob, re: deleting email
"The Japanese had these beautiful fighting machines, and the Americans were like, 'We're coming at you with a refrigerator.'" - Nathan
...
Daria: "That's coldhearted!"
Bob: "Yeah, pretty much. I'm in HR!"
...
Jacob: "I was googling funny images to put in my email."
Me: "I'm always curious, how do you bill that time?"
Bryan: "Everything to Pfizer!"*


 But seriously.
Beautiful, graceful aircraft...
...refrigerator.


*Disclaimer for pharma: It was a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment