Another miserable dream. I was two hours late to work at the Red Onion, where Bryan (finance guy at my co-op now) was covering me at the bar. I ran into Kait, but she and everyone else were angry with me and I left. I can't do this again. Other shit happened. The next morning I grabbed everything I needed and shoved it in a bag before climbing on the school bus; the ski gloves seemed out of place. Of course I was missing a proper dress shirt, and was stuck wearing my old Indians shirt, which is definitely inappropriate for work. The bus dropped me on a desolate stretch of road, the dirt on the shoulder baking in the sun, and I walked to a mall nearby. I went inside and climbed a flight of stairs to a sort of thrift shop, something along the lines of Garment District with random shelves of non-clothing goods. Age seemed to be caked to the plain wooden walls and columns in here, like a circus tent past its prime, a smell that has no odor. I found a dress shirt (finally!) and ate green tea Kit Kats found among the other thousands of things. I talked to Jules and Kofi and the proprietor of the store, who high-fived me for wearing corduroy pants. At this point, I looked out the window and realized I was so late that it wasn't even worth showing up to work. So I lost my job. What do I tell everybody? How am I going to make money?
The upside of nightmares about being late is waking up not-late. After I got home from work, Nathan and I loaded up his car to transport stuff to the storage unit, which we discovered to be closed. Even so, having the car prepacked will speed us up next time (and opened up more room to move in the apartment.) I went to Tasty Burger with Jared and had a chicken sandwich for the second time in a row; I will happily report that their chicken/bacon/ranch special is a solid choice. With appetite sated, I went home to play clix with Kofi and Nathan. Kofi ran an Avengers/Marvel-ish bruiser team against Nathan's run 'n gun Super-whatever team; Nathan lost, largely because Kid Flash proved to be utterly useless in this match. We also brainstormed hard for the upcoming "most of our crap is out of the apartment" party.
No comments:
Post a Comment