It was an uneventful morning. I opened my eyes at the godless hour of 5:30 AM, threw off my blanket and developed frostbite. I puttered about for a few hours, got some work done, and ate breakfast for the first time in a week: egg and bacon pizza. My calculus instructor dismissed us his customary 5 minutes late after saying "wolume" and "wariables" more times than I care to count. After talking about it for weeks, I finally got around to dropping Physics 1 and the associated lab for good; farewell, TA Vic and Microsoft Excel.
Later, I chugged for 3 hours straight to finish a process portfolio for my English class. I guess I'm supposed to feel accomplished or something, but in reality I don't feel that what I did was useful or informational, just time spent that I could have done other things with. The class itself was a pleasure - we're watching The Social Network! Following that, though, it was back to work -- a page of cited research for Peace through Play, and my first experience with APA format. Edge-of-your-seat stuff, that.
At the M^3, we did an activity wherein a question is read and everyone travels to a designated corner of the room (agree, disagree, strongly agree, strongly disagree). The last question was, "Do you believe that people of all genders, races and religions should be allowed to marry?" Everyone went over to the agreement corners except one guy, who remained in the disagree corner. Even if I didn't agree with his beliefs, I had to admire his courage for sticking to them. Also, there was a box of chewy Chips Ahoy just sitting on the table and I fully expected they would be eaten, but they were not. Hell is probably a little room where you sit by a table with one of those boxes and every time you reach for it, you get punched in the family jewels. Anyway, after a nice chat with Jaimie I settled into another relaxing evening of emulation with the gentlemen of the ninth floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment