We had a gentleman from the Boston Symphony Orchestra staff come and talk about stuff in WPaSH today. I came in late, so Scott offered this enlightening description of his job: "He organizes shit." At one point, the guy says, "Quick poll. Who would say that Bartok's 'Miraculous Mandarin' was their favorite?" I raise my hand. "A couple of you... You must be Metallica fans!"
Oh snap. My status:
[ ] Not Told
[ ] Told
[ ] Fucking Told
[ ] Extremely Told
[ ] Extremely Fucking Told
[ ] TOLD RUSH
[ ] THE TOLD MAN AND THE SEA
[ ] TOLD LANG SYNE
[ ] EVERYBODY TOLD RAYMOND
[ ] CASH4TOLD.COM
[ ] THE PHANTOM TOLDBOOTH
[ ] NO COUNTRY FOR TOLD MEN
[ ] 98.9 TOLDEN OLDIES
[ ] TOLDMEMBER
[ ] 01010100010011110100110001000100
[ ] THE TOLD IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE
[ ] TEXAS TOLD 'EM
[x] KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC
Having recovered from all this told-ness, I retreated into a jar of Nutella and box of crackers. At 4:35 I went to the last Enhancing Honors breakout meeting, which consisted of 20 minutes of waiting for pizza, gobbling it all up and bailing.
Iris and I attended the symphony tonight, which consisted of work by Harbison, Ravel and Mahler. The Mahler piece was particularly stunning, and the others were quite good as well. On the way back I hit up Symphony Market and got some Chicken in a Biskit, and we spread the love when I got back. I received my Secret Santa name, so whoever it is should look forward to something wonderful. Lastly, Iris is definitely up to no good. She asked me to drink 2 Snapples and return the bottles, and wouldn't let me open her craft drawer. Something smells fishy on 9 West, and it's not Boston Harbor.
Oh, and Meredith showed me the best Google Chrome add-on ever, which searches for faces and adds mustaches to them. Alaric unleashed a great evil by using it on the Google image results for George Clooney. I always knew that science would be the death of us all, eventually. But not like this. Not like this!
Preparing to settle in, I found myself swept into a workout of men with Scott, Sean and Alaric. We turned over a deck of cards one by one. Hearts are sit-ups, spades are push-ups, clubs are squats, and diamonds are flutterkicks. The number is how many of the given workout one does, with jacks being 11, queens 12, etc. The first joker is a minute long Superman, and the second is a minute long plank. We finished in roughly 40 minutes, and I'm pretty proud of myself (and my bros) for finishing.
Quote of the day: "Just stick it in your mouth and be done with it!" - Sabrina
No comments:
Post a Comment