Sunday, November 13, 2011

To Be the Very Best

          This afternoon I leaped out of bed and joined Alaric, Ryan and Amy in a trip down to Utrecht, the art store near Symphony Hall on Huntington. I purchased a bottle of purple calligraphy ink, so certain Saugertisians may be receiving fancy letters at some point this year. I barely restrained myself from spending $25 on a big set of Sharpies, so it's nice to know that I have retained some sense of responsibility. Meanwhile, Al bought the entire store, Ryan was looking for some construction paper, and Amy was searching for carpet to -- get ready -- pad the trees that they put the slacklines on. After I got off the lollercoaster, we headed back to IV to get work done.
           Needless to say, work quickly turned into other activities. After revising one paragraph of my English 1111 paper, I joined Alaric and began a Pokemon Yellow adventure on my trusty emulator. I was beset by my rival BAWLZ at every turn, but I never lose, so it wasn't an issue. This was helped by a technique I first learned from my suite mate Joseph: run the emulator at 450x speed for ultra-efficient training! We also discovered that link-ups between emulators are apparently supported, so the ninth floor might have a battle tournament on the horizon.
           Later, I went running for about 20 minutes in a thankfully uncrowded exercise area. Post-run, I was to join Jaimie and Shandana for a late dinner. I subjected them to a routine that will be familiar to the C. Squad at home: take a shower right before we need to go and appear half-naked at the door to ask for more time. After we ate, Jaimie and I did the laundry; on return to 9, Heather was waiting for me. Predictably, she was sexiled again by her RA suite mate. I lent her my sleeping bag and she went on her merry way, but not before throwing in a few snide comments about my perceived immaturity. Little else of note occurred and I'm going to bed at a record-breaking 10:45 PM in order to chug out some serious work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment