Said Alaric, musing over "Fig. 1: Balliner," his beautiful portrait of me rendered in charcoal. This was to be the first of two creative works inspired by me on this night. The second would follow in short order, but not before a great deception on Iris' part was unmasked.
I sat before her laptop, idly playing with the keys. How about I read her blog? I thought to myself. I typed in www.pap-
Two URLs appeared, similar but not identical. One ended in "mephistopheles," which was what I'd been reading, and the other in "mephisto." I had been fooled! Iris had created a nearly exact copy of the original blog so as to trick me into thinking I was reading the real one, and it had very nearly gone unnoticed. Holding myself hostage with a craft knife, I convinced her to open up the actual blog. Comparing them side by side, I discovered the awful truth: the only edits pertained to some inside joke I'm not party to. The shock overwhelmed me.
All sins forgiven, a convoy of myself, Iris, Ben, Akash and Alaric hit the most exclusive spot in Boston: OutTakes Quick Cuisine. We had to get through two doors to get in and even swipe in with limited-access ID. I bought enough food to feed your mother for five minutes and we kicked it. On our return, I discovered Sabrina struggling through a Theory class composition imaginatively titled "Piece." I worked a little magic and the the newly rechristened "Andy's Tremont Massage Co., Ltd. (Oh Yeah)" was off to a good start. I post this update as the backrub-inspired composition is taking shape.
Oh, and one more thing for those Pokemon emulator bros out there. "Schoolboy Tommy has a Xatu and an Alakazam, and Teacher Miranda has a Cubone and an Aipom." Also, "Biker Dwayne has four Koffings." And that's all I have to say about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment