Monday, November 21, 2011

Taking Care of Bidness

          Substitute teacher in calculus today, but that didn't stop me from doing relatively poorly on the quiz. I did escape early, at least, allowing me to hammer out a zero draft for English I hadn't been aware of until that day. In Intro to Physics we visited labs again, and naturally they convinced the people with the strongest accents to talk to us over the roar of lab equipment and machinery. I left with little insight on physics and lots of insight on how cool laser arrays can look.
          Returning, I met Iris' "bearded lady," Julianne. She is not bearded. After that initial letdown, we talked for a while and I got down to bidness on some research for Peace through Play. I attended the M^3 as usual and then fell asleep at the National Committee meeting, which dragged on until 9. Tromping back to the 9th floor, the night finally got somewhat interesting; several people hung out in Jackie and Shannon's room for "girl talk" (plus men), and then we moved into Alaric's for a few hours. We experimented with the minutes of silence again, until Joseph entered and broke it. Ben left for home around midnight. Around 2 everyone went to watch some Dr. Who, except me -- I took an unlicensed nap in Alaric's bed instead. Stumbling to bed, I was stricken by the distinct feeling that I had accomplished nothing that day.
          Quote of the day:
"20 is an important age. Once you're 20, you have successfully not become a teenage mother." - Ilana

No comments:

Post a Comment