Thursday, June 14, 2012

All In the Family

          After work today, Brian and I decided to hang out and watch a movie. First, we went over to the Elks Lodge to let my father know where I was. The Flag Day event there had wound down and we found him at the bar, while my brothers were shooting some pool. Next, we proceeded to Wal-Mart. Normally, you could stock a circus sideshow with the people in that store at night, but tonight it was full of attractive women (the count came to nine!) so hooray for not being repulsed. There was also a strange moment where we decided that "Tummy Ticklers" is a laughably inappropriate product name, and immediately segued into a conversation about whether we're going to have kids. Once we were properly stocked up with snacks, we returned to the garage and watched The Godfather, which was a brilliant choice. Those who haven't seen parts one and two of the Godfather trilogy are really missing out (general opinion holds that part three is an abomination.) I plan to screen at least the first two films consecutively in the fall, and possibly the third depending on my own reaction to it.
          Quotes of the day:
"That's why you don't steal. The government hates competition." - Chris S
"They're all a bunch of thieving bastards." - Chris S, on a political bent
"There's a little mischief in that house. [redacted] does a lot of fuckin' drugs." - Brian
...
After I finished a pipe I'd been working on for a week...
Chris S: "Holy shit, this one's going out? Let's have a fucking party!"
Billy: "He was on that one so long, I thought they were getting married."
Chris S: "Twenty-one gun salute."

No comments:

Post a Comment