Monday, June 18, 2012

Mass Introduction #2

          Apparently the young man who fell from the building in town did not commit suicide. He and another fellow were drinking on the roof, supposedly to watch the sunrise, and the other man was found blacked out with a broken nose and no recollection of what happened. It seems that the deceased probably just stumbled off the roof, but the forensics will tell.
           In the evening, Brian and I played some more Donkey Kong Country (it never fails,) talked about nightmares about teeth rotting and falling out, went to Quick Chek for snacks, and discussed all the different best friends we've had since kindergarten.
          Quotes of the day:
"I fuckin' despised her and still do." - me
"Remember when we nigga-rigged it up?" - Brian

          I will very briefly describe each of my coworkers, for future reference. At the Red Onion:
Chef - A gruff gent who makes great food. His name is Kevin, but since I know two other Kevins he will be referred to as Chef.
Ciano - The sous-chef and a personable guy. Last year, he lifted my spirits more than he can know when on a terrible night, he said, "Don't get yourself down, Andy. Anything is possible in this world."
Ernesto & Petronilo - The cold-cooking guys (salads, desserts, etc.) and brothers. Petro is smaller and showed me around when I was first hired last year; Ernesto is larger and quieter.
Pedro - Dishwasher since a few weeks ago, he's very fast and polite. I've done my best to help him out with little things now and again, remembering how much I hated the job.
Tina - Head manager and my boss, also Catt's mother and a pretty awesome lady.
Jeff - The new manager, very attentive to detail.
Ray & Bart - The bartenders, total gentlemen who always have something interesting to talk about.
Chris - Chief runner (like a head waiter who organizes the food in the kitchen) and older brother to Kate. Often humorously inappropriate.
Kate - Secondary runner and a member of my class since 5th or 6th grade.
Kait - A severe-looking girl who was in my graduating class, but has been genuinely nice to me on the job.
Kate D, Donna, Gina, & Brittney - The servers, who take orders and wait on customers. Gina is the twin sister of one of my mother's friends in college, which is interesting but mildly weird at times.
Paige, Emma, Nichole, Dave, Aaron, Marlee, & Emily - My fellow bussers. We move and set dishes, serve bread and water, and run food out when needed.
          At my day job:
Billy - The guy I work next to day in, day out. He's a typical Hudson Valley redneck, though he's nice enough to me.
Chris S - My immediate boss and a friend of my father. A small, moustached man with a powerful temper when he's roused.
Jesse - The third guy who usually sands metal with me (though immediately outside of our studio) and Chris S's son. A young man with lots of hair, he's involved in the local music scene as well.
Oreste - A 60-something Italian with an equally evil temper, though more often than not he's disconcertingly pleasant to me. Works in the larger studio, which I will refer to as the warehouse.
Kevin - Works in the warehouse, busted my balls for the first week or two. Mildly to moderately vulgar, much like everyone else at the job.
Rudy - A big, quiet guy who I first met through Scouting. Works in the warehouse and apparently possesses great strength.
Tom - My boss' boss and the owner of the property where we've been working. He's very gracious and often appears with a large, beautiful white dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment