I am very sick and I am stretched very, very thin. My voice is nothing more than a hoarse whisper, and though my nose is running less than it has been, I've developed a nasty hacking cough. It was another extremely hot day, and I must say that I am more tired of classic rock than i have ever been in my life. I was bumping the volume on my iPod (over-ear headphones and all) and the Jackson 5 (and accompanying horns) cut through everything I tried to listen to. In a more pleasant moment, Elton John's "Daniel" came on and I acutely recalled listening to that song on my father's stereo while eating fruit snacks. I must have been nine or ten at the oldest. Lastly, I found it humorous that the Adirondack brand drinking water in the warehouse (tag line: "As refreshing as the mountains!") is supplied by Worcester Municipal.
On the way to work at the Red Onion, a bear crossed our path. It ambled off the road when we neared it, but it was odd that the animal was out when there was still perhaps an hour of daylight. In a great turn of events, I have next Sunday off, my first in three weeks. The highlight of the evening was the arrival of Helena Christensen, former Miss Denmark and supermodel. She also speaks six languages. Additionally, and to my eternal amusement, there's a regular at the bar who looks somewhat like Robert Downey Jr. After work I got in touch with Al and gave him a modest birthday present: a Strange Scattergun for enhanced scooting in TF2 matches to come. (Strange = counts kills.)
No comments:
Post a Comment