Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Work Daze

          I got a lot more sleep last night, so work went faster than normal, but thanks to Billy I'm sick now. Due to the heat reaching 99 in the shade, we rigged up some ghetto artificial shade: sheets of black plastic duct taped under the skylights to block out the sun. With the natural light blocked out everything looks about three times more ugly and industrial. I'm a big fan of concrete and Boston City Hall, so that's saying something. We're in the thick of an atrocious heat wave, and getting any work done is a struggle. Oreste found 2 four-leaf clovers and a five-leaf clover today, which was pretty cool, though I just realized he must have been grubbing around for them. I hurried up to the Red Onion for my evening shift, only to discover that I'd misread the schedule and I was put on for tomorrow, not today. While a waste of time, it was a nice feeling discovering that I didn't have to work. On a sobering note, my last day off was June 10 and I may not have another until late July or early August, if I keep getting scheduled for the weekends at the Red Onion. Finding myself with an unplanned evening to myself, I went over to Brian's, where we played Donkey Kong Country, discussed things that were important when we were children that have since lost their meaning, and listened to Gangstagrass (a rap/bluegrass group, which is a lot cooler than it sounds.)
          Quote of the day:
"Breaker breaker." - Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment