Friday, June 22, 2012

Good Vibrations

          Today, I got out of work at 11:45 to get to a dentist's appointment. Though my teeth aren't as well-kept as they were during my childhood, I've never minded the dentist much. I find it somewhat relaxing, in fact, and though I'm petrified of needles, receiving Novocaine only frightens me a bit. After the appointment (a routine checkup) I delivered on a raffle on TF2R, where I offered the winner any item on Steam worth $10 or less. The winner chose a game, Sonic 4 Episode 1, and explained that he had played all of the Sonic games with his mother as a kid. He said he wanted this one so they could play together again, and I felt great purchasing it for him. This feeling epitomizes why people like raffling on TF2R.
          Around 11, Matt, Amanda and I ventured out for my first clubbing experience. We went out to Primetime, a gay club located near Highland. Jaimie and I had previously agreed to meet there, but she decided not to come, so we met up with a few of Matt's friends from work. As it turned out, I was sick, tired, and there seemed to be a great shortage of straight/danceable girls in the club. The drag show, the last of the season because the place is closing next week, was incredible. I was truly astounded by the energy and skill (for the most part) of the drag queens, especially the reigning "Miss Primetime," a 62-year old queen. My personal favorite performed a two-song Pat Benatar/Journey set. Matt and I assigned names to interesting people in the club for easy reference. See below for a list. After entertaining ourselves in this way, I decided that I was in no mood to dance and opted to take a nap instead (not in the club.)
Vest - A vaguely Peter Parker-esque guy wearing a vest who danced around by himself on the floor in the hope of attracting partners.
Camcorder - A tall, creepy, bald guy who looked a bit like a bird and spent the night filming people.
Angeltongue - An aloof guy who rejected Vest and seemed like kind of a dick.
Hat of Wonder and Brilliance - A black gentleman wearing a visor. Otherwise uninteresting, but dat visor.
Better Days - A middle-aged lady who danced around with herself and a beer in the hope of attracting partners. She and Vest even danced for a minute.
Dat - A frightening-looking girl wearing one of those "look at my pubes" dresses. Poor Amanda got a glimpse of her anus in an awful, awful moment.
Scar Cage Guy - A nerdy-looking guy with an impressive scar on his stomach who hung back for a long time, and then got up in a cage and danced. Matt's friend apparently knew him from elementary school.
Judas - A guy who I thought was straight at first, but then stepped onto the stage, at which point I realized he was dressed like a member of Judas Priest.
The Happy Family - A genuinely off-putting family(!); an off-putting mother and father who hung out on the side, and an even more off-putting daughter wearing a dress with capris and sneakers. These are strange times indeed.
          After Matt and Amanda had had their fill for the night, we went to Wal-Mart for Lunchables. Those are a great example of something that seemed awesome when we were kids, and are now not all that great, but still carry a nostalgia factor. Also, Capri-Suns were and still are delicious. While there, we ran into our friend Megan and one of her coworkers, I had my first RC Cola (cheap out of a vending machine, but not cold) and I bought myself 3 movies for $15.
          Quotes of the day:
"I'm tired of being the pussywolf." - Matt
"Inflection, bitch!" - me
"I bought a strap-on today!" - Amanda, with 2 cops nearby
"My vagina's gorgeous all the time. I'm a lesbian, it's the moneymaker." - Amanda
"Bitches love Bacon paintings." - Amanda
"I had fourteen Slippery Nipples at a New Year's Eve party." - Amanda
"What if they made mini missiles for kids and called them Launchables?" - me
"Balto plays really good as medic!" - random TF2 player, improving my day

No comments:

Post a Comment