My mother is on my back about holding these jobs. If I complain in the slightest, it becomes a nagfest of biblical proportions -- "I'm sure all your friends are working 2 jobs." "It's the last summer you have to do this sort of thing." "Been there, done that." Except I doubt that she ever had to breathe in airborne steel particles on the job, but I digress. Things have been slightly tough at home. In the evening I trained at the Red Onion for a second night, though the training at this point is essentially working alone with a bit of shadowing. I'm getting paid better for training than I will as an actual busser. At least it was still unusually quiet; it seems that HITS not being in town has really put a dent in the business.
In more enjoyable news, I've made a few pretty awesome raffles on TF2R. For the first time I spent a bit of my own money on TF2 items, and these only to give away to total strangers. First I raffled a set of Spy items (my favorite class) for my 1000 positive reputation point milestone, then a Team Captain hat just for fun. Giving things away for the fun of it feels better than I ever could have imagined. Except when people are dicks about their winnings, but I have yet to encounter such people personally. Also, I still have not played a single game out of the 8 in Humble Indie Bundle V. Not to mention I have 3 movies that I haven't watched. Truly, I have no time. After work, I did go over to Brian's for a while, where instead of watching Big Fish (as planned), we played Donkey Kong on the Super Nintendo (again, but it's always great) and ate the Hershey's Drops that I left as a surprise present for myself last time.
Quote of the day:
"Yeah, that end of the year kinda shit." - Brian, discussing elementary school sex ed
No comments:
Post a Comment