Saturday, January 12, 2013

Heart of Darkness

          Deciding that sleep was a poor idea, I instead watched old Justice League clips and hung out in our common room until well past dawn. After this, my day went down the toilet. I went to the women's hockey game against Cornell, which we lost 2-4. Alanna decided that this would be the right time to tell me that our plans for tomorrow weren't going to work out after all - plans which required me to clear the entire day - though we'd discussed it a week in advance. I attempted to neutralize this disappointment by making similar plans with Ariel, who kept me waiting a solid 8 hours before cancelling as well. A pervasive, foul mood settled over me like a cloud of locusts, humming quietly in the back of my mind. This persisted into the night and my efforts to clear it up, including running, reading and simple distraction, all failed.

2 comments:

  1. Quick question, what would the title be referencing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book? Joseph Conrad. Also, papier mache mephistopheles. Just felt the need to give that a shout out.

    ReplyDelete