Thursday, January 10, 2013

In From the Cold

          I'm taking to Italian like a fish to water, which is unexpected. The highlight of my academic day, however, was my three-hour Political Ecology seminar in the evening. I learned more about global warming and environmental problems in those three hours than I have in my entire life up to now. I feel like I know too much, and we've only met once. After class, we had an uncommonly successful movie night. Lauren, Alaric, Iris, Harrison, Eliot, Sabrina, and her friends Rebecca and Mike all dropped in to watch The Shawshank Redemption, one of the greatest movies ever made.
          Quotes of the day:
"We've never been this high. The last time we were this high was about a hundred million years ago." - Professor Faber
"I will governate you!" - Professor Faber
"California is like a car culture that chokes on its own affluence all the time, literally and figuratively." - Professor Faber
"Everyone is innocent until proven sexy." - me

No comments:

Post a Comment