Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What_a_Tweeeeeeest.wav

          Research Methods, as it happens, could be worse. It's the qualitative counterpart to Quantitative Techniques, and as such involves a whole lot of research. Luckily, Professor Mrdalj is very young (PhD candidate), funny, and interesting, as well as very Serbian. Our first class was a discussion of frames of reference, and as an example we watched excerpts from Shutter Island and debated what was going on in the given scenes. An aside regarding this movie: I never bothered to see it because I was able to figure out the climactic plot twist from the previews. I've heard that this class tends toward the boring at most colleges, but I think I've lucked out with this professor. Italian class went all right as well. Lastly, Iris and I spotted a peeper across the way, in Willis Hall. Boys will be boys, I guess.
          Quotes of the day:
"You think you're fighting for freedom, but you're actually fighting for my interests. Ha ha!" - Professor Mrdalj
"Where exactly is the line between black and white when you have....fifty shades of grey?" - Professor Mrdalj
"Magic hands!" - Professor Binetti

No comments:

Post a Comment