I was cutting up in Research Methods today, getting the class to laugh on two separate occasions. We were looking at the "old lady/young woman" optical illusion, and more males than females saw the old women first. I summarily dismissed Professor Mrdalj's attempt to explain some differences between the students in the class as a result of inadequate sample size (humorous only to Quantitative Techniques veterans), then shot down a girl's explanation of the phenomenon - "we see what we want to see" - by asking why college-age males would want to see an old spinster over a babe. It turned out to be a pretty fun class.
Iris and I celebrated our one-year anniversary with a trip to Max Brenner. We shared an extraordinarily good fondue platter thing with milk chocolate, dark chocolate and melted caramel, with marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, and pieces of brownies and cookies for dipping. I also spilled a glass of water on myself, which sucked for the freezing walk home, but whatever. (We ended up cutting through the Prudential to avoid the bitter cold.) I owe many happy moments to Iris, as well as an unfathomable amount of delicious baked goods and a few happy babbies - much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment