Monday, June 16, 2014

A Herd of Wild Animals

          I had a lucid dream about a tank built from Legos (yes, I know, "LEGO") and was briefly aware of my own sleeping body before waking. I came to with Sean shaking me -- props to sleepy Andy for thinking to leave a "please kick me awake" note on the mirror. PPA was whatever, but at least I made it to class. Afterward, I was in the door and back into bed. I then dreamed of exploring an abandoned factory with Jared, Iris, Rachelle, John B, and Malcolm. Everyone was busy rummaging through dusty cabinets for minor loot; I found some interesting hand tools and industrial work clothing. Even so, I kept wondering why the lights were on in a place that had been shuttered for at least ten or fifteen years. There was a sound of footsteps, everyone froze, and I quietly tipped the door shut. Moments later, a young guy entered the room, gave us a brief and dismissive look, and walked to a clipboard in the corner. He wrote an entry on some list, then left as quickly as he'd come. We all shared a look, then went to a window to see him drive off. "Let's get out of here before John Q. Public decides to call the police," I suggested, but right on cue, two cruisers drove up to the factory. I figured that I was an idiot for not thinking of silent alarms, and with no options left we decided to play it as cool as possible. Everyone was out the door and headed for the street by the time the cops rounded the corner, and they stalked right past us on their way into the building. Jared and I laughed and marveled at this escape as we headed up the sidewalk. The sun was sinking in the sky and everything had turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment