Thursday, June 19, 2014

All About the Benjamins

          I had a very productive morning. After considerable dallying, I went grocery shopping around 6 a.m. This was nice, because the city was still relatively quiet and the store was just about empty. I used the coin machine to redeem a coffee can full of change that I've been saving since 7th grade; after the 10% deduction, I scored $206.56, plus another $3.10 from some cans I returned. Benjamin Franklin is smiling down on me, wherever he is. I carried my groceries home and dropped everything to take an 8 a.m. birthday shot with Alaric and Sean, the birthday boy. Next, I picked up a refund check for the Bandquet expenses at SABO in Curry, and printed some study notes there as well. I put in my time at PPA, then went to the CEP office to ask them to count some hours that I'd neglected to log. I girded myself for a fight, but the CEP assistant was quite willing to add them in, and it looks like I'm in the home stretch of the annual volunteering scramble. Finally, I hit Snell to study with seven or eight other souls before the impending Religion & Politics final.
          Quotes of the day:
"You don't just drop it on them. You don't just say, 'Professor Curran at BU Law School is an expert on this and he has a great code of conduct.'" - Prof. Dukakis, picking on me for some reason
"What's the moral of this story? Pay attention to your spouse, folks!" - Prof. Dukakis
"I still don't get how they produced a hot child." - Deb
"It's a question of flavor." - Prof. Miles, re: apartheid
"Is there a veil of blindness so great that it prevents us from seeing true evil?" - Prof. Miles
...
Mike M: "He has kids all over the world."
Me: "My African kid problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment