I took a short break from my R&P paper to do the PPA reading, then returned to it. I was among the best in show in terms of R&P midterm grades, which we reviewed today. Prof. Miles had us go through the multiple choice answers in an amusing "running the gauntlet" style, with one person answering questions until they got it wrong, then passing the torch. I played the The Price Is Right loser horn a few times, and most of the class was lighthearted. Afterward, I went to PBP with Meredith, where we had a few political arguments and discussed television shows and podcasts.
Quotes of the day:
"They were making cars that were not falling apart, and beating our brains in!" - Prof. Dukakis
"We should do the Crusades again." - Prof. Miles
"I'm about to do 1000 years of history in 13 minutes. Time it." - Prof. Miles
"They said, 'We're the true Catholics and we're going to prove it by conquering -- reconquering the Holy Land.' And they failed, the first couple of times. Miserably, the first two." - Prof. Miles
"So, the notion of genocide is really a European artifact." - Prof. Miles, re: the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre of 100,000 Protestants
"Now, I've got 3 minutes to do another half century, and I'll do it! I'll do it!"- Prof. Miles
"Genericface McFourthliner." - me
...
Julianne H: "So when it comes to invoking the authors...?"
Prof. Miles: "Rowe. Just Rowe. Rowe, Rowe, Rowe your position paper."
No comments:
Post a Comment