I had another dream that turned lucid near the end, and I can't get enough of these. I was at a house out in the country with an angry Sam and a girl named Nicole from high school. Her boyfriend appeared and we went outside to pick up scores of lighters off the ground, explore parts of the house that weren't finished, and say hello to my uncle Cale and our family friend Hubby. A family reunion was in full swing, but I was disinterested in this. I headed back inside and was confronted by the boyfriend, who was irrationally enraged. He went for a gun in a drawer; I was faster and swatted him with some kind of electrified metal screen. The guy exploded, a lone piece of brain falling on to a nearby car. At this point, police and Mounties showed up to get things under control, but the sudden appearance of Anne-Marie and at least fifteen Habs fans in full regalia made the situation ludicrous. I walked to a bus stop with some people, including a homeless girl from PBP; she and I hung back while everyone else walked into a dimly lit town nearby. We were joined by Haley and another person, and walked into a modern train station, partially open to the air, with cold white lighting and expressionless commuters. I tried to remember how we had ended up there and realized that I was lucid. I leaped up to fly and comically fell back on to the station floor. Failing that, I swung like a monkey along the edge of the platform, free of fear; Alaric, acting as a sort of lucid extension of myself, ruffled the hair of random dream-strangers to see if they would react. I woke shortly thereafter, feeling exhilarated.
With Iris and Alaric's assistance, I cooked a special blend of brownies for Julia and Jennifer's joint birthday party. The process was long, resource-intensive and somewhat messy, but it seemed to work out. The party itself was interesting; I had fun with Regina, Julia and Jennifer, but two groups of people were basically segregated for the entire time and thus interaction was limited. At some point, several of us (Peter, Matt S, Johnny, Regina, birthday girl Julia, and myself) moved into Julia's room and played Bop It for over an hour. A vast array of baked goods kept us satisfied throughout the party and sustained us on the way home.
Quotes of the day:
"It doesn't really care for you as a person." - Alaric, re: silver rum
"Can Julia ever be beat? She's in the zone!" - Peter
No comments:
Post a Comment