Saturday, June 14, 2014

We Want Scalps

          I was up early to apply warpaint and prepare for our first Yawkey performance of the weekend. We played some sweet tunes, photobombed, did the limbo under a couple of trombones (reigning limbo champ: yours truly), and had a great time. Prior to moving into Fenway itself, we made a run on Tasty Burger and enjoyed the heavily gangsta rap-themed playlist coming through the speakers. The baseball game was fun as well; Jules and I claimed a spot up in the standing room section and chatted about random stuff. I deflected ~30 questions about my personal life from a woman next to us who was clearly blitzed. ("Are you two a couple?" "Nah, just friends." "Is this the first time you've hung out?" How did she know that?!) A couple of World War 2 veterans were sitting near us and were recognized on the big screen, meaning that I had to clap and clap until I could be sure we weren't tangentially in the shot. The Indians scalped the Red Sox, 3-2, and I went home to take a victory nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment