Sunday, June 15, 2014
Daddy-O
Father's Day at Fenway was understandably riotous. The pep band hammed even harder than yesterday, taking mid-song selfies with the audience and just rocking and rolling. This was, as they say, the real shit. I suffered pangs of guilt after my third Tasty Burger trip in as many days, but it was fun sitting with the dynamic group of Jared, Alaric, Ariel and JL -- a perfect mix of disparate, yet overlapping senses of humor. While there, I was notified that a Rangers fan twitter called Blueshirt Haus selected my playoff beard as the contest winner, so I'm getting a free shirt from them! I was tired after lunch (and kind of burnt out on baseball for the weekend) so Ryan came home with me and bought about sixty of the albums I found out back. When he left, I called my father to discuss how things are going at home, my grandfather's health, and so on (as well as wishing him a happy Father's Day, of course.) I played Saints Row 3 for some time before going to Jared's with Iris for a great season 4 finale to Game of Thrones. It does contain some minor book five spoilers since A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons occur at the same time; also, a death that was magnificent in the book is rendered as merely great in the show thanks to a missed dialogue opportunity. I was too hyped after this to sleep, so I read a portion of the Sin City comics and relaxed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment